|Unit Director(s)||Peter Hudecki|
|Storyboard Artist(s)||Stéphane Bernasconi|
|Orig. airdate||2 & 9 October 1991|
|Episode no.||1 & 2|
The Crab with the Golden Claws is a two-part episode of The Adventures of Tintin, produced by Ellipse-Nelvana, based on the book of the same name by Hergé. This was the first episode of the show's first season, which makes this the first episode screened .
Changes from the Book
The episode starts with a scene of a meeting between Bunji Kuraki and Herbert Dawes which is only referred to in the book. Tintin later encounters an imprisoned Kuraki which is not depicted in the book. Captain Haddock does not start a fire on the life boat that he, Tintin and Snowy use to escape the Karaboudjan on.
- Colin O'Meara - Tintin
- Susan Roman - Snowy
- David Fox - Captain Haddock
- John Stocker - Detective Thompson
- Dan Hennessey - Detective Thomson
- Denis Akiyama - Bunji Kuraki
- In the English version when the two dock workers ask Tintin if he is alright after dodging the falling crate, only one voice is heard.