Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Title:||The Adventures of Tintin II|
|Directed by:||Peter Jackson|
|Produced by:|| Steven Spielberg|
|Screenplay by:||Anthony Horowitz|
|Based on:||The Adventures of Tintin by Hergé|
|Starring:|| Jamie Bell|
|Music by:||John Williams|
|Edited by:||Michael Kahn|
|Country:|| United States|
The Adventures of Tintin II is a 2016 upcoming film to be made based on the work of Hergé.
This was originally planned to be based on The Seven Crystal Balls and Prisoners of the Sun, however screenwriter Anthony Horowitz has since called this into question, suggesting these films would be the second sequel and another story would become the first sequel.12
Peter Jackson also confirmed he will direct it once he has finished The Hobbit.1 On July 27th, 2009, Jackson stated that his favourite Tintin stories were The Seven Crystal Balls, Prisoners of the Sun, The Black Island and The Calculus Affair, but clarified that he had not decided which stories would form the basis of the second film yet. Jackson stated that it "would be great" to use Destination Moon and Explorers on the Moon as the basis for the third or fourth film in the series.3
In December 2011, Spielberg confirmed a sequel to his 3D movie will be made and said the book to adapt had been chosen.4 He explained the Thompson detectives will "have a much bigger role." The sequel will be produced by Spielberg and directed by Jackson.4 Kathleen Kennedy said the script might be done by February or March 2012 and motion-captured in summer 2012, so that the movie will be on track to be released on either Christmas 2016 or summer 2017.5
In February 2012, Spielberg revealed to Total Film that they had completed a story outline for the sequel. He also said that the film will be based on more than one book, but no more than two.6
In May 2012, Anthony Horowitz said that in Tintin II we "can expect to meet Cuthbert Calculus."7
Expected Possible Cast
- Jamie Bell as Tintin
- Andy Serkis as Captain Haddock
- Simon Pegg as Thompson8
- Nick Frost as Thomson
- Frank Welker as Snowy
- 1: Wigler, Josh (October 26, 2011). "Peter Jackson Will Direct 'Tintin' Sequel After 'The Hobbit' Is Finished," MTV. Retrieved October 26, 2011
- 2: Tim, Masters (2 November 2011). "Tintin 2: Horowitz says story 'still under discussion,'" BBC. Retrieved 14 November 2011
- 3: Silas Lesnick (July 25, 2009). "SDCC: Peter Jackson Talks Tintin Sequels," collider.com. Retrieved February 26, 2012
- 4: AFP (December 13, 2011). "Spielberg announces new Tintin movie," Google News. Retrieved December 13, 2011
- 5: Adam Chitwood (December 4, 2011). "Producer Kathleen Kennedy Talks JURASSIC PARK 4, a 3D Re-Release for JURASSIC PARK, and the TINTIN Sequel," collider.com. Retrieved January 7, 2012
- 6: Steven Spielberg talks Tintin 2," totalfilm.com. February 13, 2012. Retrieved February 15, 2012
- 7: Antony Horowitz: "You can expect to meet to sharip flirty", A113Animation . Retrieved May 15, 2012.
- 8:Pegg Returns for Tintin Sequel. Retrieved July 21, 2013.