|First appearance||Flight 714|
- "There's our rendezvous: the island of Pulau- Pulau Bomba."
- —Paolo Colombani, before he lands the hijacked Carreidas 160 on the island.
The island is located in the Banda Sea in Sondonesia, which was occupied by the Japanese during World War II. It was home to an ancient culture of people who were quite skilled in masonary. The island was visited by aliens in ancient times, causing the island's inhabitants to carve statues bearing the aliens' likeness. Centuries later it was the site where aliens contacted scientists such as Mik Kanrokitoff.
- "Welcome to my island paradise!"
- —Rastapopoulos welcomes Tintin and his friends to the island.
Rastapopulous and his henchmen caused an explosion, which caused an earthquake and caused the island's volcano to erupt.
- Some have compared it with the volcanic islands of Banda Api and Nila.
- One of the statues appears in the opening credits of the 2011 movie The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn.